In 2018, awards will be presented in the following categories:
- A healthy community, sponsored by VicHealth – This category is open to any organisation or individual for work in improving the physical and/or mental health of the LGBTI community in Victoria through either research, health promotion or the delivery of health activities within the community.
- Connecting the LGBTI community, sponsored by Optus – This category is open to all organisations, including corporates, community and social groups that help bring together the GLBTI community.
- ANZ Excellence in small business – This category is open to LGBTI owned small businesses operating in Victoria for outstanding achievement in business. The aim of this category is to highlight the contribution that is made by LGBTI owned small businesses to their community.
- Protecting our community, sponsored by Lander and Rogers – This category is open to any organisation and individual for work in keeping our community safe and/or in advancing the human rights of people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex community.
- Media excellence, sponsored by ThinkHQ – Awarded to a journalist, presenter or program in LGBTI media for exceptional work in media or broadcasting.
- Artist of the year – Awarded to a Victorian LGBTI artist for exceptional work in the performing arts, visual arts, music or film.
- Straight ally of the year – Awarded to recognise a non-LGBTI individual for work in supporting the LGBTI community.
- Volunteer of the year – To recognise the work of a Victorian LGBTI individual who has shown outstanding commitment through volunteer work in our community.
- John Marriott Sports person of the year – Awarded for outstanding achievement in any sport by a Victorian LGBTI individual.
- Victorian LGBTI Person of the Year – Awarded to a LGBTI person of any age for outstanding and exceptional work in supporting the LGBTI community.